Wednesday 13 April 2011

First Post

Hello people of the future!!

This is the first post of my blog, as indicated by the title of the post (gripping stuff so far). If you are from the very near future, I must apologise, in that this page is not yet as customised as I would hope. This will hopefully change bit-by-bit (not pun intended) as I use the blog more often.

As for people of most subsequent futures I must make a second apology. My intent with this blog was to load it with quirky home-made graphics to further explain/hyperbolise what I describe. This, of course, follows the discovery that infographics == humour (see www.cracked.com and www.hyperboleandahalf.com). I think this phenomenon has something to do with straddling the boundary between some traditional text medium and web-comics. This leads people to be unsure of how to classify what they have encountered, thus thinking that it must be comedic.

Animal references help too.

As to what I'll actually be talking about, it will mostly be to do with the random crap that pops into my head combined with meandering rants about the world as I see it. I'm not sure if I'm actually interesting, but there may be some-one swimming through the vast cesspit that is the Internet who is. This is for you Internet-Fish!!

As far as who I am is concerned, I am a fairly broad amalgamation of very well fitting stereotypes. I am a nerd (read studies computer science and mathematics, role-plays, does medieval re-enactment, etc.), a music snob (mostly a post-rock/metal and melodic/technical death metal fan) and a highly opinionated but tragically misinformed person. Oh, and I like goth/alternative stuff, but am not really a part of the scene. So no part of my personality is unique *sob*. This is probably good though, because it means that people might relate to me as a human being.

Also, I have pretty much no tact or sensitivity to political correctness.

No comments:

Post a Comment